13 Davao Region cops reassigned due to Quiboloy’s failed arrest
13 Davao Region cops reassigned due to Quiboloy’s failed arrest
DAVAO CITY- Davao regional police chief and twelve others have been relieved effective Friday, June 14, for failure to arrest Kingdom of Jesus Christ (KOJC) leader Pastor Apollo Quiboloy and five of his co-accused for child abuse and human trafficking cases.

Police Regional Office (PRO) 11 spokesman Major Catherine Dela Rey on Friday morning confirmed the relief of Police Brigadier General Aligre Martinez who will be reassigned at PNP Directorate for Personnel and Records Management (DPRM).

On Monday morning, June 10 , police operatives from Davao Region and other units from the PNP in other regions swooped down on the three compounds of KOJC in Davao City to serve an arrest warrant for Quiboloy, but the pastor and his co-accused were nowhere to be found.

Martinez who assumed post on April 26 is replaced by former Quezon City Police District director and previously assigned at Communications and Electronic Service, BGen Nicolas Deloso Torre lll.

Meanwhile, twelve other police personnel in Davao Region to include nine from CIDG 11; two SAF members; and one officer from Davao City Police Office allegedly participated in serving the warrant of arrest for Quiboloy and five others were also removed from their respective posts and reassigned to Calabarzon region.

Earlier, former President Rodrigo Duterte expressed condemnation over the excessive and unnecessary force used during the operation.

Duterte, in a statement said the incident which took place within the school and worship premises was absolutely unacceptable. 

“I strongly condemn the use of excessive and unnecessary force in serving the warrant of arrest for Pastor Apollo Quiboloy," Duterte said.

Duterte on Thursday, June 13, released a statement stating that being the administrator of Quiboloy's church properties, he already ordered the preparation of affidavits of all members aggrieved and traumatized and inventory of church properties destroyed as he will take legal action against policemen who stormed the properties of Quiboloy.

“It is incumbent not only upon the church but also upon officers of the law to take appropriate action considering that the said trespass was beamed by social media all over the world and thus sent the wrong signal that this country has become a police state with no respect for the law and religious institutions,” Duterte said.

Dela Rey , meanwhile, said that CIDG will be filing cases of obstruction of justice against six members of KOJC who allegedly interfere with the police’s execution of the arrest warrants.

Quiboloy is facing non-bailable qualified human trafficking charges before a Pasig court and charges under Section 5(b) of Republic Act 7610, or the Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act, and under Section 10(a) of the same act before a Davao court.

Photos from Richard Reyes

What's your reaction?

Facebook Conversations